CheapToRegister.Info knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we
By visiting any of the sites offered by CheapToRegister.info and CheapToRegister.net, (collectively
referred to in this notice as CheapToRegister, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy
Notice. For question on the Privacy Notice please contact us.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does CheapToRegister Gather?
- Information You Give Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. We use the
information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, providing our services (e.g.,
domain name registration, DNS hosting), and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever
you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of
information when your Web browser accesses our sites. Examples of the information we collect and analyze
include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and
connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; the full Uniform
Resource Locators (URL) click stream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time. We use
IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic
information for aggregate use.
- What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive
through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser. Besides using the information
as described above, CheapToRegister utilizes cookies to control the flow of the ordering processes by
site (e.g. advertisers). However, we have no access to or control over these cookies.
- Cookies and AdSense
- Third parties, such as Google AdSense, may place and read cookies on your browser, or use web beacons to collect information, while serving ads on this web site. Here is how Google explains cookies:
"A 'cookie' is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies."
- Cookies and Kontera
- We use third-party companies to serve ads and collect non-personally identifiable information (e.g., the pages you visit and which links you click, which ads you see and click on and the categories of search terms you enter) when you visit our web site. These companies may use the information outlined above (which does not include your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These companies often use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit this page: NAI universal user opt-out.
- Does CheapToRegister Share the Information It Receives?
- Yes, we do share information but only as described on this page. Otherwise we will not
provide your personal information without your consent.
- WHOIS: We are required by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
("ICANN"), the organization that assumes responsibility for domain name allocation, to collect
information about you during the domain name registration process. This information includes your full
name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and, where provided, your facsimile number. ICANN
then requires all registrars to make your full name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and,
where provided, your facsimile number, as well as the creation and expiration dates of your domain name
registration and the name server information associated with your domain name, to the public via an
interactive Web page and a "port 43" WHOIS service. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice we will refer
to this information as your "WHOIS Information." Please note that we may not be able to control how
members of the public may use the WHOIS Information.
- Advertisers: We will share aggregated demographic information with our partners and
advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- Partners: We partner with other parties to provide specific services. When the user
signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the
third party to provide these services.
- Agents: We engage other companies and individuals to perform functions on our
behalf. Examples include processing credit card payments, providing marketing assistance, providing
customer services, sending postal mail and email to you, removing repetitive information from customer
lists, and analyzing data. These persons have access to personal information needed to perform their
functions. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information that
you provide to CheapToRegister for any secondary purposes.
- Service Providers: We engage other companies and individuals to perform enhanced
services on our behalf. For example, we have engaged Critical Path, Inc. to provide free electronic mail
services to our domain name registrants. In addition, certain of our enhanced services such as our Web
Site Generator require that we contact Internet directories and various search engines on your behalf.
Many of our service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their services. These
parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing
- Business Transfer: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy
businesses or their assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the
transferred business assets. Also, if CheapToRegister or all or substantially all of its assets were ever
to be acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Compliance: We release account and other personal information when we believe
release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Services Agreement and other agreements;
or protect the rights, property, or safety of CheapToRegister, our users, or others. This includes
exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input and the information we may send to our agents.
- CheapToRegister has gone to great lengths to ensure your information is securely obtained and held in compliance with the Card Holder Information Security Program. For example, we encrypt your credit card number before it is stored in our database. This ensures that no one may access your credit card from our system.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- What Information Can I Access?
- CheapToRegister gives you access to certain information about you for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. To view or change this information, log-in to your account. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- Sites provided by CheapToRegister contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
- CheapToRegister does not sell services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use our services only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- If you choose to visit CheapToRegister, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington. If you have any concern about privacy at CheapToRegister, please contact us providing full details and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Terms and Conditions will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes.